Medina County in 2018 saw tragedies and triumphs, moments of sorrow and celebration and instances that shocked the community in more ways than one. It was an eventful year.
Of the hundreds of stories penned in 2018, 10 stood out from the rest as the most important of the year.
Here are the top 10 stories of 2018, as selected by the editorial staff of The Gazette.
- Teen prosecutors called 'serial killer in training' gets life without parole in killing of 98-year-old Wadsworth woman (UPDATED)
- 10. Medina celebrates 200th birthday with yearlong celebration
- 9. Dan’s Dogs reopens with new owners
- 8. Medina thoroughfare reopens after arduous widening project
- 7. Fatal stabbing focus of first trial of 2019
- 6. Historic building buckles, but is saved
- 5. No jail time for Lodi father in child's death
- 4. Kane Brown’s stardom was almost too bright for Medina County
- 3. Serenite is a rave hit now, but didn’t start that way
- 2. Cleveland Clinic lockdown-turned hoax makes big news
- 1. Brutal murder of widow shocks community