Saturday, August 01, 2020 Medina 67°

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ Topics:

*Delivery Issues

*Contact Information

*Vacation/Temporary Stops

*Questions about News Content

*Stopping a Subscription

Delivery Issues

What time should I expect my paper?
Papers should be delivered by 6:30 a.m. on weekdays and by 8 a.m. on Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays.

I did not get my paper. Can I have a replacement paper delivered?
Replacement delivery service is available if you report your missing paper by the day's deadline. The deadlines are: *Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m.
*Saturday: 9:00 a.m.
*Holidays: 9:00 a.m.

To request a redelivery, please call the Customer Service Department.

I reported a missing paper. When can I expect my replacement paper?
You will receive your redelivered paper the same day if it has been reported by the deadline. Most replacement papers are delivered by noon on weekdays and 1:00 p.m. on Sundays and holidays.

I have friends or relatives who received advertisements and/or coupons in their newspaper that I didn't receive. Is that a mistake?
Maybe not. Some advertisements are delivered only to certain areas, so different newspapers have different combinations of circulars and coupons. We do not decide what areas get these advertisements, our advertisers decide this.

Contact Information

How can I reach the Customer Service Department?
You may contact us via email at

By Phone:

What are the hours of the Customer Service Department?
*Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
*Saturday: 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
*Holidays: 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.

Other phone numbers:
If you are interested in selling The Gazette  at a retail location, call 440-329-7254.
To report a problem with a vending box, call 330-725-4166.

Vacation/Temporary Stops

Can I stop the paper for just one day?
Yes, temporary stops can be entered for as little as one day.
Vacation stop or please start my delivery back up.

Can I enter a temporary stop without choosing a restart date?
Yes. Your delivery will be stopped until we receive notice from you to restart.

How do I submit a change of address?
You can submit a change of address by using this address change form.

Is it too late to stop tomorrow's paper?
You must enter your temporary stop request by the following deadlines:
*Tuesday - Friday: Enter request by the previous day, 11 a.m.
*Saturday, Sunday, Monday: Enter request by previous Friday at 10 a.m.

How far in advance can I enter a temporary stop?
You can enter a temporary stop up to six weeks in advance.

How can I change/cancel my temporary stop once it has been entered?
You can change a temporary stop request by calling our Customer Service Department.

Can I have the papers held for me while I'm out of town, then delivered when I return?
Yes. Please indicate on your request that you would like the newspapers held and delivered when you return.

Will my account be credited for the papers I don't receive?
You will not be charged for newspapers that you don't receive. We will extend your subscription by the numbers of papers that you don't receive. You may also donate credit for the papers you don't receive to schools in your area via the Newspapers in Education program.

I entered a temporary stop, but papers are still being delivered. What do I do?
Please contact the Customer Service Department.

How can I get back issues of the newspaper?
Back issues for the last year are available in our office. You can come to our office and purchase Monday - Friday issues for $1.25, and Saturday issues for $1.75. We also offer mail delivery of back issues. Monday - Friday issues sent through the mail are available for $3.50 per issue. Sunday issues sent through the mail are available for $5. All mail order back issues must be prepaid. Please call our Customer Service Department for further details.

Account Information and Bill Payment

What if I have a question about the billing statement that I recently received?
Please contact our Customer Service Department and we will be glad to answer any questions that you may have.

How can I make a payment?
Payments can be made over the phone by calling our Customer Service Department. We accept MasterCard, Visa, and American Express. You can also return your billing statement with your check or money order. 

How are credits applied to my account?
Credits are typically applied to your account by extending your service for the corresponding number of credits. For instance, if you receive a missed paper credit for two days, your subscription would be extended an additional two days.

Why do I have a balance if I recently made a payment?
The Gazette bills subscribers in advance. If your last payment was made to cover a previous balance, then any papers received since then have not been paid for.

Questions about News Content

How do I send a letter to the Editor?
Letters to the Editor can be sent via:
Email (preferred):

Mail: Editorial Page Editor
The Gazette
885 W. Liberty Street
Medina, OH 44256

Fax: 330-725-4299.
Attention: Editorial Page Editor

The Gazette welcomes letters to the editor. Letters are subject to editing for brevity, accuracy and clarity. Letters should be 250 words or shorter. Letters longer than 250 words may be edited to approximately the required length. Please include your signature, full home address and telephone number.

Stopping a Subscription

I want to cancel my subscription. What should I do?
We will continue to deliver your newspaper until you ask us not to, or until the end of the grace period. Please call our Customer Service Department to stop delivery and avoid being charged for unwanted newspapers.


To Top

Fetching stories…